© Copyright South African Sugar Association 2018. All Rights reserved.
1. Privacy Statement
- 1. Protection of Personal Information.
- 1.1 The South African Sugar Association is committed to protecting the Personal Information of visitors to its website.
- 1.2 The South African Sugar Association website does not require its visitors to provide Personal Information on the public areas however, Personal Information (Name and Email address) will be required when the ‘Contact Us’ function is used.
- 1.3 By continuing to use the ‘Contact Us’ function, you agree that the personal information provided by yourself on the ‘Contact Us’ function is done so voluntarily.
- 1.4 The South African Sugar Association will only process the Personal Information provided only for the purpose in which it is provided, unless an alternative purpose has been consented to in writing by yourself.
- 1.5 The South African Sugar Association will not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties unless you have consented for The South African Sugar Association to do so; or is required by law.
- 1.6 The South African Sugar Association has also taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of its website and reasonable safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information however, we cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party.
2. Links to other sites
- 2.1 The South African Sugar Association website contains links to a number of other websites that may offer useful information to our visitors. These websites are beyond our control and our privacy statement does not apply to those websites. These other websites may send their own cookies to you to collect data or solicit personal information. We recommend communicating with them directly for information on their privacy policies. We are not in any way responsible for the content of the privacy practices employed by those other websites.
3. Changes to this privacy statement
- 3.1 This policy may vary from time to time and the revised policy will be posted to this page. We encourage you to periodically review this statement so you are aware of the changes.
5. Website Disclaimer
5.1 This website provides general information and discussion about nutrition and health and related subjects. This website is provided as is and is for information purposes only. The words and other content provided in this website, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with their doctor or any other health care worker.
5.2 While every effort is made to update the information regularly and to offer the most current, correct and accurate information, we accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever if any information is, for whatever reason, incorrect or inaccurate and any persons who rely on it, do so at their own risk.
5.3You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your usage of the website. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statute, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or otherwise, relating to or arising out of the use of this website, even if we knew, or should have known, of the possibility of such damages.
5.4 The South African Sugar Association has also taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents, however no warranty is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this web site are free of viruses which have the ability to corrupt your system.