kcal/kJ per serving
French toast offers a combination of a wholegrain starchy food for longer lasting energy; together with egg and salmon/ham, which supplies a high quality protein as they contain essential amino acids in the right proportions.
What makes this a good choice?
Salmon offers a supply of fatty acids, like omega-3, necessary for the development of the brain. Try to include 1-2 fish meals a week. Choosing 100% pure fruit juice as an occasional substitute is acceptable. Remember to dilute your child’s fruit juice.
- 1 slice French toast (recipe)
- Topped with 2 slices salmon or ham
- Glass of 100ml unsweetened Fruit juice
2 tablespoons. milk
15ml (1 tablespoon) Canola oil
1 slice whole-wheat bread
- Whisk the egg and milk together.
- Submerge the bread in the mixture and cover both sides,
- Oil and heat pan.
- Cook the bread until the egg is done.
- Top with salmon/ham