Aim to always consume mixed meals, to increase variety by eating different foods from various food groups.
What makes this a good choice?
This is an easy-to-prepare wrap with no additional cooking. This whole-wheat wrap provides a longer-lasting source of energy and is stuffed with a combination of lower fat cottage cheese and full cream cheddar cheese, the cottage cheese helps cut the fat, but keeps the calcium and protein, needed for growing bodies and bones. Legumes including baked beans, are economical sources of good-quality protein, low in fat, slow-release carbohydrates for longer lasting energy, dietary fibre, various vitamins and minerals. Eating these foods even helps to combat overweight and they help to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Items and Energy Value
- Savoury Breakfast Wrap (recipe)
- Use ½ cup salsa & full cream yoghurt as a dipping sauce
kcal/kJ per serving
- 1 Whole-wheat tortilla wrap
- 15g (1 tablespoon) cottage cheese
- ¼ cup baked beans in tomato sauce
- ¼ cup red peppers, chopped
- 15g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Cover the wrap in a thin layer of cottage cheese.
- Layer on the baked beans.
- Thinly dice red pepper and place in single layer.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Roll up while warm, allow it to cool and slice with serrated knife.
Optional Dippers: 100ml (½ cup) Salsa and/or plain full cream yoghurt.