10 glasses when diluted (1 glass = 225 ml)
25 min – 30 min
Looking for an additive free, preservative free, pain free and refreshing chilled natural syrup to add to crushed ice or sparkling water for those hot summer days? Look no further.
The sugar in the syrup carries the flavour of the fruit and makes it easy to dissolve in water. This is true for any other fruit syrup you may want to try e.g. the berry syrup shown in the Jenny Morris video.
6 large bright yellow lemons zested and juiced
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup hot water
- Place the lemon zest, juice, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 20 minutes or until a light syrup develops.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Strain through a fine sieve and bottle in a clean sterilized jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Serve over crushed ice with sparkling water.
Watch Chef Jenny Morris whip up this easy-to-make and effortless recipe.